Other common questions related to this issue or problem.
- I can’t save my timesheet.
- I can’t submit my timesheet.
- Why is there an error when I’m saving/submitting my timesheet?
- There is an error that says “Access denied” when I’m saving/submitting my timesheet.
- An error appears every time I save my timesheet.
- I can’t make changes to my timesheet.
The experience or issue
The user is trying to save his timesheet and the save and submit button can be clicked. But every time they are selected, an error appears, "Saving timesheet failed: Access denied."
This article will review this issue and present solutions to address it.
- What is the issue?
- What is the solution?
- What are other related things that might contribute to this issue?
- The issue
"Saving timesheet failed: Access denied."
This error is thrown if the user who is trying to save the Timesheet has insufficient permission (None or View).
View - Allow users to view these pages, but not modify them.
Modify - Allow users to modify most of the content on these pages.
Admin - Allow users to have full control over the content on these pages, including actions which may be dangerous.
For the user to save timesheets successfully, the permission on timesheets must be set to either Modify or Admin. To access timesheet permission, go to Company > Permissions tab > Role/Category of the user > Time & Expense.
- Other related things
Only an administrator or principal has access to these permissions. Contact your administrator so they can help you enable your permission to timesheets.