Other common questions related to this issue or problem.
- I can’t save my expense sheet.
- I can’t submit my expense sheet.
- Why is there an error when I’m saving/submitting my expense sheet?
- There is an error that says “Access denied” when I’m saving/submitting my expense sheet.
- An error appears every time I save my expenses.
- I can’t make changes to my expenses.
The experience or issue
The user is trying to save his expense sheet and the save and submit button can be clicked. But every time they are selected, an error appears, "Saving expense sheet failed: Access denied."
This article will review this issue and present solutions to address it.
- What is the issue?
- What is the solution?
- What are other related things that might contribute to this issue?
- The issue
"Saving expense sheet failed: Access denied."View - Allow users to view these pages, but not modify them.
This error is thrown if the user who is trying to save the Expense Sheet has insufficient permission (None or View) for Expense.
Modify - Allow users to modify most of the content on these pages.
Admin - Allow users to have full control over the content on these pages, including actions which may be dangerous.
For the user to save expense sheets successfully, the permission must be set to either Modify or Admin. To access expense permission, go to Company > Permissions tab > Role/Category of the user > Time & Expense.
- Other related things
Only an administrator or principal has access to these permissions. Contact your administrator so they can help you enable your permission to timesheets.