Other common questions related to this issue or problem.
- I can’t remove a user.
- I can’t remove a user from a project.
- I want an employee to be removed from a contracted project.
- I can’t remove a user from this project but it’s working on my other projects.
- Why is there no remove button on staff & rates?
- How do I remove an employee from a project?
- I want a staff to stop charging on a project.
- Where is the x button on staff & rates?
The experience or issue
The user wants to remove staff/employee from a project and goes to the project budget page > staff & rates tab, but there’s no “x” icon beside the staff name. They only have the “Add Staff/Rates” button.
This article will review this issue and present solutions to address it.
- What is the issue?
- What is the solution?
- What are other related things that might contribute to this issue?
- The issue
The user wants to remove a staff/employee from a project by going to the project budget page > staff & rates tab. When the user get there, there’s no “x” icon beside the staff name or any way to remove the user from the project. They only have the “Add Staff/Rates” button.
Users can only remove staff from projects, provided that they have no finalized invoices. If the only invoice is for the retainer fee, users are still allowed to edit or remove staff under the staff & rates tab. However, once the users finalize invoices for the project, they can no longer edit or remove staff even though the employee never charged on the project.
Staff & Rates before any Invoice is finalized:
Staff & Rates once Invoices are finalized:
If the project has not been invoiced yet, the users must unapprove and delete the time charged to it first, then go to the project and edit/remove the user. After making the necessary changes, they can enter the timesheets again.
If the project has been invoiced, users can add a staff/rate modification instead and then set the staff rate to zero. This way, the staff will not be able to charge on the project.
- Other related things
SQUAVA does not allow users to remove staff from these projects to prevent the accidental removal of users who have charged time/labor to the project. This will mess up everything, most importantly their accounting records.
- We’ve addressed the issue of removing a staff from a project.
- Check out the Help Article: + Add Staff/Rates