Other common questions related to this issue or problem.
- I can’t delete the staff rate mod.
- Why can’t I delete the modification I created on staff rate?
- There is an error appearing when I try to delete my staff rate modification.
- I keep on deleting the staff rate mod but nothing’s happening.
- The staff rate delete button is not working.
The experience or issue
The user is trying to delete the staff rate modification but there is an error message that appears in red that reads, “Deleting rate set failed: Rate sets with timesheet entries which would be invalid without that rate set can't be deleted."
This article will review this issue and present solutions to address it.
- The issue
"Deleting rate set failed: Rate sets with timesheet entries which would be invalid without that rate set can't be deleted."
This error is being thrown because there are timesheet entries that are connected to any of the staff rates in the rate set. The rate set can only be deleted once all these timesheets have been removed.
Users need to manually check if any of the users entered time on this project after the the date of rate set. They would need to go back to the timesheets and remove the time that was entered for this rate set.
For example, the rate modification is dated 9-1-2023. Users on this staff rate should delete the time logged to the project starting 9-1-2023. When all the time logged to this project starting 9-1-2023 has been deleted, the rate set can now be deleted.
- We’ve addressed the issue of being unable to finalize a draft invoice.
- Check out the Help Article: Enter+Staff/Rates