When creating your initial budget for a project, there may be times where you may need to make a modification after your budget has already been contracted. Follow the steps outlined below!
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Have a project open, click the 'Modify Budget' button from the 'Budget' or 'Budget Summary' tab
- Fill in modification details, and click 'Save'
- Add the new budget modification information for your labor tasks and/or direct expenses
- Click 'Save' when finished, or 'Contract Budget' if ready
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- If you need to make a modification to your budget after it has already been contracted, open up the project and click on the 'Modify Budget' button. This can be done from the 'Budget Summary' tab or from the original budget. In this example we'll modify our budget from the original budget.
- A new window will open up for you to enter in some basic details about your modification. Be sure to click 'Save' when finished.
NOTE: The name for your modification is pre-filled for you (example: 'Mod 1'), but you can rename it if you would like.
- Once you've done that, you can now add the budget details for your modification. You will see your original labor task and direct expense names from your original budget. There are now new fields for you to fill in the budget details for your labor tasks and/or direct expenses. Be sure to click 'Save' when finished.
NOTE: Click the green 'Contract Budget' button whenever your modification budget is ready to contract, just as you did with your original budget.
- If you click on the 'Budget Summary' tab from your opened project, you will be able to see your original budget, and the new modification you just applied.
NOTE: If you would like to see the details of each budget (original and/or any additional modifications), click on the desired budget in the 'Contract' column.
- You have now learned how to make a modification to a budget!
- If you have any other questions, feel free to browse through our Knowledge Base for other helpful articles.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to give us a call, submit a request ticket, or send us a chat message.