If you have employees, you will need to add them as a 'user' in SQUAVA. After you initially add them in the system, there are some additional steps you'll need to set up in their profile. This article will show you all that you'll need to do to get everything set up with your employee's profiles. Check out the outlined steps below to get started!
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Company' tab→ 'Manage Users' sub-tab
- Click the 'New Employee' button
- Fill in required information and click 'Save' when finished
- Click on the 'Company' tab→ 'Manage Users' sub-tab
- Click pen and paper icon next to employee to edit employee's profile
- Fill in applicable information and click 'Save' when finished
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- You can add or edit your employee information by clicking on the 'Company' tab and then clicking the 'Manage Users' sub-tab.
- You will need to add all employees that you are wanting to have as users. To do so, click on the 'New Employee' button and fill in the required information. Click the green 'Add' button when finished.
NOTE: Once you do this, the employee(s) will then receive an invitation sent to their email prompting them to enter in their personal information and set up their profile. If your employee loses their original invite link, you can re-send their invite. Check out the Help Article: Re-Send Employee Invite.
For helpful instructions for new employees on how to set up their new user profile, see the Help Article: Setting Up Your New User Profile. This can also found in the Getting Started - New Employee section in our Knowledge Base.
**Employees will need to set up their new user profile before you can edit additional information in their profile.**
There are a few more things you'll need to add/edit in your employee's profiles after they've set up their new user profiles.
- Manage Job Titles
- Add Employee's Salary
- Add Tags (if applicable)
- Add or Enable PTO (if applicable)
Manage Job Titles:
- If you need to add, edit, or delete any job titles, simply click on the 'Titles' button from the 'Manage Users' sub-tab (first image below). A new screen will appear for you to make any applicable changes/additions for your job titles (second image below). Click 'Save' when finished.
- Once your job titles are set up how you'd like, you can now include a job title for each employee. To apply a job title for an employee, click on the 'Company' tab, and then the 'Manage Users' sub-tab. You will now see a list of your employees. Click on the pen and paper icon next to the employee name to begin adding a job title to their profile.
- A new window will pop up after clicking the pen and paper icon to begin editing. This is where you will edit a lot of information related to each employee's profile. Scroll down to the 'Business Information' section. You will then see a drop down box where you can choose the applicable job title for your employee. Click 'Save' when finished.
Add Employee's Salary:
- Something else you will need to do is add your employee's salary information to their profile. This can be done by doing the exact same steps when you were adding a job title, except scroll down a little further to the 'Salary' section. Click on the 'Adjust Salary' button.
- Once you click the 'Adjust Salary' button, a new section will open up where you can enter in their salary details. Once you're done, click the 'Save' button.
NOTE: The importance of the salary information is so that when you are adding an employee to a project, it'll auto-fill their rate to be charged to the client. Keep in mind that if you need to change or customize the specific rate for an employee, you can edit those details when creating a project. This is also where you can track salary history for your employees.
If you would like to add a tag to an employee, please check out our separate Help Article: Tags, and scroll down to the 'Apply Employee Tags' section.
Add or Enable PTO:
If you will be tracking PTO for your employees, you will first need to define your PTO and Sick Time accrual rates. If you haven't done so yet, check out this Help Article: Define PTO/Sick Time Accrual Rates, before continuing on with these steps.
- To begin, click the pen and paper icon next to the employee you would like to add or enable PTO for, just as you did when adding their job title and salary information.
- Scroll down to the 'Business Information' section. Check the 'Accrues PTO/Sick' box, and then select the appropriate accrual group option for the employee. Once this is complete, they will begin to accrue PTO.
NOTE: If you are transitioning from a different system that tracked PTO and need to include the employee's already existing PTO balance to their SQUAVA profile, before clicking 'Save' in the previous step, scroll down a little further to the 'PTO' section. Click the button that says 'Add Credit' (first image below). A new section will appear for you to add their PTO credit (second image below). Be sure to click 'Save' when finished.
- Employees can view their available PTO by clicking the drop down arrow next to their name at the top right of the screen when logged into their SQUAVA account.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that Available PTO is based on submitted and approved timesheets only. If there are timesheets that haven't been submitted or approved, then the PTO might not be up to date.
Once you've added a job title, salary details, and any applicable tags, your employee list will look similar to the example in the image below.
To view PTO for your employees, instead of clicking on the 'Employees' link, click on the 'Employee PTO' link (refer to second image below).
- Now that you've learned now to add/edit your employees, you will need to add your clients.
- Check out the Help Article: Adding Clients.