SQUAVA provides a way to assign defined tags to data within the software to help group, filter, and organize information easier and quicker.
Currently, tags can be assigned to:
- Project Tasks
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Company' tab→ 'Tags' sub-tab
- Click on the green 'New Tag' button to create a new tag
- Click on the 'Edit' button to edit tags
- Click the drop down arrow next to the 'Edit' button to delete tags
Apply Task Tags:
- Create a new project or open an existing project
- Create a budget or go to an existing budget, click on 'tag' icon for each individual task and assign specific tags as needed
- Save the budget when finished
Apply Employee Tags:
- Click on the 'Company' tab→ 'Manage Users' sub-tab
- Click on the pen and paper icon for the applicable employee
- Scroll down to the 'Tags' section and apply tags
- Save when finished
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
You can create as many tags as you'd like for your employees and tasks to help you group specific information for reporting. To create/edit tags, simply click on the 'Company' tab and then click on 'Tags' sub-tab to open the Tags Manager.
- To add a new tag, simply click on the green 'New Tag' button in the top right area of the page (as seen in the above image). It will open the dialog window shown below.
- Give your tag a name, and then assign it to be used for 'User Tags' and/or 'Task Tags'. Click 'Save' when finished.
- If you need to edit one of your existing tags, simply click the 'Edit' button from the list to make desired changes.
- If you need to delete one of your existing tags, simply click the drop down arrow in the 'Edit' button and choose the 'Delete' option.
Apply Task Tags:
- You can add a tag to a task while setting up a new project and budget, or to an existing project task. To add a tag, simply go to the budget section of the desired project. Then, select the 'Budget' button of a proposal (or budget mod) along the top of the project budget view or open a contracted budget from the 'Budget Summary' tab by clicking on the budget name.
- From the 'Budget' tab, simply click on the tag icon next to the task name to which you would like to add a tag (first image below).
NOTE: You can select tags (as many as you want) for which you would like to assign to the task.
- Be sure to click 'Save' when you are finished adding any tags. Tasks which have assigned tags will be a darker gray color.
NOTE: If you need to remove any tags from a task, simply click on the tag icon and click the 'X' next to the tag you wish to remove. Be sure to click 'Save' again so your changes will be updated.
Apply Employee Tags:
To add a tag to an employee, simply click on the 'Company' tab and then the 'Manage Users' sub-tab.
Click on the pen and paper icon on the far right for the employee to which you'd like to apply a tag. A new dialog window will open to edit your employee - shown below.
Scroll down to the 'Tags' section (first image below) and you can choose any applicable tags you'd like to have associated with your employee. Click 'Save' when finished. You will now see the tags you associated with the employee next to their name as shown below in the second image.
NOTE: You will now see the tags you associated with the employee next to their name.
There is no limit to how many tags an employee can have (as long as they have been defined in the Tags Manager). If you need to remove any tags from an employee, click the pen and paper icon to edit the employee again, scroll down to the 'Tags' section and click on the 'X' next to the tag you'd like to have removed. Click 'Save' when finished.
Report based on Tags:
Currently, tags are available to use in the Labor Revenue Report shown in the image below. Please review the Help Article: Labor Revenue Report.
- You have successfully learned how to add and edit tags to your tasks and employees.
- For more detailed information related to projects, check out the Help Articles outlined in our Projects 101 section.