Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Access Time & Expense >Timesheets
- Select the Applicable Date Range and Project
- Enter your Time
- Entering time for Project in Opportunity or Proposal Stage
- Save and Submit your Timesheet
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Access Time & Expense > Timesheets
To begin tracking time to your timesheet, click on the Time & Expense tab and then the Timesheets sub-tab.
- Set the Applicable Date Range and Project
First you will need to select the 'Project & Task' drop down menu to select which project task and/or overhead category you will be tracking time for. In the 'Notes' section, enter any applicable notes you'd like to reference. Enter time for each day that was worked on the particular project task and/or overhead category.
- Enter your Time Depending on how you customized the time format when you created the project, will determine how you log your time. You can enter in the total amount of hours for the day (example: 8) or enter the time frame (example: 9:00-4:30). Also, you can pin a project task so that the specific project task will be automatically saved for the timesheet information you enter going forward. This is really helpful if the specific project task is one that you enter time for each week.
- Entering time for Project in Opportunity or Proposal Stage If you try to log time for the project before you have contracted the budget, the project won't show up in your list of projects to choose from on your timesheet. However, if you s till wish to log time to your project when it's in an Opportunity or Proposal stage, you will need to make sure to check the box that says Enable for Timesheet when you initially set up your project. By doing this, you will be able to choose the project from the Proposals option instead of Projects on your timesheet. If you didn't check the box when you were setting it up, you can still go back and edit the details. To do this simply click on the 3 dots located on the right side of the project and select Edit. A new window will open where you can edit the project details. Click on the Advanced tab, scroll to the bottom, and click the box next to Logging time under Opportunity or Proposal stage will show up as un-billable time since the project technically isn't a contract yet.
- Save and Submit your Timesheet
Whether you choose to log your time daily, or at the end of each week, make sure you click Save after logging time. Once you've completed entering your time for the entire week and after it's been saved, click Submit. When you click Submit you will be given the option to submit the entire week or choose a specific day you wish to submit through. Important: when you submit your time for the entire week or through a specific day, that time will be lock and you will need an Administrator to unlock it if you need to make changes. For example, if save and submit your time through Wednesday, you will no longer be able to make adjustment for Sun-Wed. but you can still enter time for Thur - Sat., if you submit your time on Wednesday and you submit for the entire week, you will not be able to add time to Thurs - Sat. anymore without having an Admin unlock it for you. Your timesheet for this week is now ready for review.
- Now that you've learned how to add time to your projects, you will need to learn how to approve your timesheets so that they can go towards your invoice for the customer.
- Check out the Help Article: Approving Timesheets.