This Help Article will help walk you through the basics of enabling and viewing how much budget is remaining for each of the tasks on your timesheet.
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Turn on 'Show Budget Remaining'
- View Budget Remaining on Your Timesheet
- See the Budget Change as You Enter Time
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Turn on 'Show Budget Remaining': To be able to see the budget remaining on the timesheet, you must first enable this feature in your company settings. Simply navigate to Company > Manage Company and click the 'Edit Configuration' button. Under the section 'Time Tracking Options' you will see a checkbox titled 'Show Budget Remaining'. Select this checkbox and click Save. This will make the budget remaining column visible on all timesheets for all users.
- View Budget Remaining on Your Timesheet: Once this feature has been turned on in your company settings, you will see a new column titled 'Budget' on your timesheet. This column will show the total dollar amount of budget remaining as well as the percentage of budget remaining for each task on your timesheet. It will not display a budget for tasks that have no budget, for example, general administrative tasks or tasks for which you have unchecked the Budget checkbox on the project budget page.
- See the Budget Change as You Enter Time: You can now see, in real-time, how the budget changes as you enter your hours for each day. This will help you see the impact your hours have on your project budgets. The budget meter will change color as you get closer to using all of your budget and the budget numbers will go red when you have gone over budget on a particular project task.
Now, you are probably thinking, "Whoa! I still have questions about projects..." Well don't you worry, this Help Article is just to help get you started.
- Now that you've learned how to see your budget remaining on your timesheet, you may have questions about how to manage your project budget. Here are a couple of articles that can help with that: Creating Project Budgets and Modifying a Budget.
- To see all our articles about managing projects, check out the Projects 101 section.