You've learned how to prepare invoices and how to make any applicable adjustments. Now you need to learn what to do when you get paid! Follow the outlined steps below!
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- AccessFinancial > Account Receivable
- UseSearch box to find Invoice
- Click onPayments
- Fill in payment information and save.
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Access Financial > Account Receivable
You received a payment! How do you let SQUAVA know? Let's start by clicking the Financial tab, and then the Accounts Receivable sub-tab.
- Use Search box to find Invoice
Once you are on theAccounts Receivablepage you will need to find the Project or Invoice # the payment was for. To do this, type in the project name or invoice number in the search box. You will notice your list of invoices will automatically filter as you type.
- Click on Payments
Now that you have found the invoice, click directly on the Payments button located on the far-right side of the Invoice details, not the arrow. The arrow is used when you need to Rescind Invoice or change the status from Sent to Unsent.
- Fill in payment information and save
In the payment dialog box enter the date of the payment, a note/memo (optional), select Payment under Type, select the Bank Account you want, and enter the amount. If you need to apply more than one payment for this invoice, fill in the information on the next line. When you are done select Save.
- You have now learned how to apply a payment in SQUAVA!
- If you have any other questions, browse through our Knowledge Base for other helpful articles.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to give us a call, submit a request ticket, or send us a chat message.