Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Time & Expense' tab→ 'Expense Review' sub-tab
- Click the applicable expense for the employee
- Approve or reject expense sheet
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Once you have saved and submitted all of your expense items, they will need to be approved. Depending on the size of your team and who has certain permissions assigned to them, will determine who can and can't approve expense items. Typically a System Administrator will be the one to approve the expense items, but you can delegate that however you'd like.
To begin the process for approving expense items, you will need to first click on the 'Time & Expense' tab and then click on the 'Expense Review' sub-tab.
NOTE: If the status shows 'Pending Submission' in red letters, this means the employee has saved their expense items, but hasn't submitted them. Make sure they submit them so they can be reviewed for approval.
- Now you can see all available and unavailable expense items to review per employee. Click the 'Current' link under the 'Group' column.
- Once you have done that, a new page will appear and you can see the breakdown of all the expense items that were entered. When reviewing, notice there are a few options to choose from: 'Reject Submitted Entries', 'Approve Submitted Entries', or 'Cancel'. If everything looks good, then go ahead and click the green 'Approve Submitted Entries' button.
NOTE: If you notice a discrepancy on an expense item, simply click the 'Reject Submitted Entries' button and a new field will appear (see image below) for you to enter a message for why you are rejecting the expense item. Once you've finished entering the message, click the green 'Confirm Rejection' button. Once you've rejected the expense item, a notification will pop up on the employee's dashboard where they can view your message and then make the applicable changes. The expense item is now available for them to make the applicable changes and resubmit.
If there aren't any discrepancies, then go ahead and click the 'Approve Submitted Entries' button as shown in the previous image.
Now, you might have the question, "What if I need to un-approve an expense item to make changes I may have missed when I was first reviewing it?" Well don't you worry! We have a Help Article to show you how.
- Check out the Help Article: Viewing & Editing Approved Expense Items.