Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Time & Expense' tab→ 'Timesheet Review' sub-tab
- Click on the applicable date
- Approve or reject timesheet
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Once you have saved and submitted your timesheets, they will need to be approved. Depending on the size of your team and who has certain permissions assigned to them, will determine who can and can't approve timesheets. Typically a System Administrator will be the one to approve the timesheets, but you can delegate that however you'd like. To begin the process for approving timesheets, you will need to first click on the 'Time & Expense' tab and then click on the 'Timesheet Review' sub-tab.
NOTE: If the status shows 'Pending Submission' in red letters, that means the employee has saved their timesheet, but hasn't submitted it yet. Make sure they go into their timesheet and submit it so that it can be reviewed for approval.
- As you can see in the image above, there are two weeks showing up for John Doe. The status shows that they are 'Ready for Review' and 'Pending Submission'. Click on the week you are needing to review/approve and a new page will open up (see image below).
When reviewing John Doe's timesheet below, notice there are a few options to choose from at the bottom right of the page: 'Reject Submitted Entries', 'Approve Submitted Entries', and 'Cancel'. If everything looks good, then go ahead and click the green 'Approve Submitted Entries' button.
NOTE: If you notice a discrepancy on a timesheet, simply click the 'Reject Submitted Entries' button and a new field will appear (see image below) for you to enter a message for why you are rejecting the timesheet. Once you've finished entering the rejection message, click the green 'Confirm Rejection' button.
Once you've rejected a timesheet, a notification will pop up on the employee's dashboard where they can view your message and make the applicable changes. The timesheet is now available for them to make the applicable changes and resubmit.
NOTE: If you are a solo-person team, or have limited employees, and don't have the need for the approval process of timesheets, check out our Help Article: Auto-Approve Timesheets. This will eliminate the additional step of approving timesheets, and is intended for solo-person or very small teams.
Now, you might have the question, "What if I need to unapprove a timesheet to make changes I may have missed when I was first reviewing it?" Well don't you worry! We have a Help Article that can show you how.
- Check out the Help Article: Viewing & Editing Approved Timesheets.