Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- AccessTime & Expense > Timesheet Review
- Select Appropriate Date/Employee
- Approve or Reject Timesheets
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Access Time & Expense > Timesheet Review
Once you have saved and submitted your timesheets, they will need to be approved. Typically, a System Administrator approves timesheets, however, it can be delegated to any user by assigning them permission on the Managing Users page. Only those who have been assigned this permission can approve timesheets. To begin the process of approving timesheets, you will need to first click on Time & Expense > Timesheet Review.
NOTE: If the status shows 'Pending Submission' in red letters, that means the employee has saved their timesheet but hasn't submitted it yet. Make sure they go into their timesheet and submit it so that it can be reviewed for approval.
As you can see in the image below, there are two weeks showing up for Demo User 22. The status shows that they are 'Ready for Review' and 'Pending Submission'. Click on the date for the week you are needing to review/approve and a new page will open up.
- Select Appropriate Date/Employee When reviewing John Doe's timesheet below, notice there are a few options to choose from at the bottom right of the page: Reject Entries, Approve Entries, and Cancel. If everything looks good, then go ahead and click the green Approve Entries button. You will then be asked to Confirm Approval.
- Approve or Reject Timesheet If you notice a discrepancy on a timesheet, simply click the button Reject Entries and a new field will appear (see image below) for you to enter a message for why you are rejecting the timesheet. Once you've finished entering the rejection message, click the green Confirm Rejection button.
Once you've rejected a timesheet, a notification will pop up on the employee's dashboard where they can view your message and make the applicable changes. The timesheet is now available for them to make the applicable changes and resubmit.
NOTE: If you are a solo-person team, or have limited employees, and don't have the need for the approval process of timesheets, check out our Help Article: Auto-Approve Timesheets. This will eliminate the additional step of approving timesheets, and is intended for solo-person or very small teams.
Now, you might have the question, "What if I need to unapprove a timesheet to make changes I may have missed when I was first reviewing it?"Well don't you worry! We have a Help Article that can show you how.
- Check out the Help Article:Viewing & Editing Approved Timesheets.