Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Company' tab→ click on 'Manage Company' sub-tab
- Click the 'Edit Configuration' button
- Click the 'New Office' button (if applicable)
- Upload logo (if applicable)
- Enter Overhead Rate info, click on 'Financial' tab→ click on 'Overhead Rate' sub-tab
- Click the green 'New Overhead Rate' button
- Fill in details, click 'Save' when finished
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click on the 'Company' tab and then click on the 'Manage Company' sub-tab. This is where you will see your basic company details once you've configured everything. Click the 'Edit Configuration' button to begin.
- After clicking on the 'Edit Configuration' button, a new page will pop up where you can customize some of your default information for time tracking, billing and paid time off options. Be sure to click 'Save' when finished.
NOTE: If you track paid time off (PTO) for your employees, you will need to customize this in a later step. For those instructions, see the Help Article: Define PTO/Sick Time Accrual Rates. Make sure the 'Track Paid Time Off' box is checked from this window so you can track PTO correctly (if applicable).
- Once you've clicked 'Save', you can choose to upload your company logo. Simply click the 'Pick New Logo' button.
- If your company has more than one office, you can add additional offices by clicking the 'New Office' button (image below). A new screen will pop up for you to enter in the office details. Once you've entered in the additional office information, click 'Save'.
- Now you will need to apply your Company's Overhead Rate. This can be done at any time, but is best to get it out of the way while you're setting everything else up for your Company. Click on the 'Financial' tab, and then the 'Overhead Rate' sub-tab.
- This is where you can track a history of your Overhead Rate. Whenever you do a project that has a Cost+Fixed Fee billing structure, your rate/fee information will autofill for you. Click on the green 'New Overhead Rate' button.
- Fill in the details, and click the green 'Save' button when finished.
- Now that your company information is all set up, next up on your list should be to define your Overhead Categories.
- Check out the Help Article: Define Overhead Categories.