There are a few things that need to take place in order for your invoice to be ready to finalize.
- Timesheets need to be submitted and approved
- Expense items need to be submitted and approved
- The invoice period needs to be complete
Check out our outlined steps below to get started with drafting and finalizing your invoices!
Quick Summary of Step-by-Step Guide:
- Click the 'Clients & Projects' tab→ 'Draft Invoices' sub-tab
- Select the applicable project invoice
- Click 'Finalize' button OR
- Review invoice
- Make any applicable adjustments.
-See Help Article: Labor & Expense Adjustments
- Click the green 'Finalize' button
In-Depth Step-by-Step Guide:
- To quickly see which projects you have that are ready to invoice, click on the 'Clients & Projects' tab and then click on the 'Draft Invoices' sub-tab.
NOTE: This will show all of your projects with recorded time. There are four sections: 1 - Ready to Invoice, 2 - Missing Timesheets, 3 - Incomplete Period, and 4 - Outside of Period. To view the project(s) in each category, simply check the box to view the details. Below is a quick reference for what each category means:
1-Ready to Invoice: You have invoices that are ready to send to customers that meet all the requirements (e.g. time/expenses submitted and approved, invoice is within invoice period)
2-Missing Timesheets: You have a project that's almost ready to invoice but has an issue with a timesheet (e.g. not submitted, not approved, etc.)
3-Incomplete Period: You have a project where the invoice period hasn't ended yet (e.g. your invoice is set to end by the end of August and month isn't over yet)
4-Outside of Period: You have a project with submitted/approved time that hasn't been invoiced yet that is outside of the designated invoice period.
- You can finalize your invoice from here (click on the 'Finalize' button on the far right), but for this example, we are going to review the invoice first. Click on the invoice icon to the view details and see a rough draft.
NOTE: If you have multiple invoices that are ready to be finalized, instead of doing them manually one by one, you can bulk finalize them! Simply check the box next to all applicable invoices, and then click the 'Go' button above the list of your invoices (refer to the image in Step 1).
- Now you can review the details of this project's invoice. If you need to change the invoice period date range, simply click the pen and paper icon next to the date range towards the top left of the page next to the project name and number.
You can change the invoice number to be whatever you want and the next invoice will automatically select the next available invoice number. You have multiple options for invoice dates. The Invoice Date will be the date displayed on the invoice. The Revenue Date will be the date that the revenue for this invoice is recorded in your books. The Due Date will be the date the invoice is due. And you can add up to three additional custom fields.
Also, if you need to make an adjustment to a labor task or expense item, click on the pen and paper icon in the 'Adjustment' section for the specific line item. For a more in-depth explanation, check out our Help Article: Labor & Expense Adjustments.
- Once you've reviewed everything and have made any applicable adjustments, if you're ready to finalize your invoice, click the green 'Finalize' button towards the top right of the page.
NOTE: If the finalize button is greyed out it means that there are timesheets or expenses that have not been approved, or that the invoice period is not complete. You can hover over the finalize button to get more details about what has not been completed.
- A new window will pop up where you can choose the specific information you'd like to have included on your invoice. Check all of the appropriate boxes and when you're done, click 'Finalize'.
NOTE: An invoice is easily changed or updated after you have ‘finalized’ it by simply rescinding it - as discussed below. Rescinding the invoice will return you to the invoice as you last finalized it.
- This is the screen you'll be directed to after finalizing an invoice, and is where you can view invoice history for your project.
If you ever need to navigate back to this page, simply go to your list of projects and choose the desired project. Click the 'Management' button and then to the left and below that, click the 'Invoices' link.
NOTE: If for whatever reason you need to rescind an invoice, click on the arrow with a question mark to the right of the invoice number.
- If you want to view the actual invoice, click the invoice number and a new window will open up with the invoice. Below is a snapshot of what an invoice will look like.
- You have now learned how to draft and finalize an invoice!
- If you need to make adjustments, as we mentioned earlier, check out our Help Article: Labor & Expense Adjustments.